Masks for the Movement
Regular price $20.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Masks for the Movement are a fundraiser for the current civil rights movement. 100% of sales for these masks will be donated to the organizations below seeking racial justice and equality. Show your support for the movement by wearing your mask and donating through its purchase.
- Two layers of black quilting cotton
- A wire nose pinch for facial contouring
- An adjustable knit tie that wraps around the back of the neck and ties at the top or back of the head
- A "sinchable" sleeve to hold your ties and create the same effect as pleating for a customizable fit to your face
- A fabric tag sewn to the front of the mask stating your choice of the following three phrases:
- "Hand Sewn by Silence is Violence in New Orleans"
- "Hand Sewn by VOTE in New Orleans"
- "Hand Sewn by NO MORE in New Orleans"
- Hand crafting by Jeanne Vockroth and Samantha Hussey in New Orleans
- Reusable and machine washable
- Masks are NOT medical grade.
- Visit LCMC Health here for best practices on wearing your face mask.
Safety and Sanitizing:
- After manufacturing each mask is machine dried on high heat and placed with clean hands into a recycled poly mailer bag before it is shipped or delivered.
- An immediate wash on high heat is recommended to maximize sanitation once you receive your masks - OR - you can allow your mask to sit in the hot sun for 72 hours.
- Please stay safe and wear a mask or bandana while you socially distance.
- Machine wash on delicate and line dry.
- All masks are pre-washed to reduce shrinkage, but note that machine drying your mask may cause additional shrinkage.
Timeline for mask shipping is 5-10 business days from day of order. Thank you for your patience with my one woman show!